SureGroup provides convenient voucher solutions to individuals and corporates via its enterprises - SureGifts, SureRemit and SureCredit. The company is on a mission to lead digital value transfers via vouchers across Africa and beyond.
We’re looking for a Lead, UI/UX designer to lead the design and creation of exceptional user experiences for all our products. Our Ideal candidate is design-driven and has a genuine passion for creating beautiful, intuitive and seamless user interfaces.
- Responsible for Design strategy and its implementation by working closely with Product management, Technology/Engineering teams.
- Leads the design of innovative solutions that balances user behaviour and needs in line with the business strategy.
- Drive user research activities such as, usability testing, A/B testing, surveys, and translate research findings into actionable recommendations.
- Originate ideas that can transform complex concepts to simplified, user friendly and functional designs.
- Be actively involved in the whole UX design process from research to front end development etc.
- Lead the delivery of user experience visions, UI specifications, wireframes, prototypes, customer journeys etc.
- Lead the origination of design standards/language to ensure brand consistency of products on the Web/IOS/Android etc.
- Play an active role in the building and growing the product design team by participating in recruitment activities and proactively engaging the designers, mentoring and coaching and tracking deliverables.
- 5+ years of experience in product design, technology or related fields;
- Experience leading a highly functional team of designers;
- Profound UI design skills with a portfolio of solid design projects;
- Experience in Agile and UX development environments;
- Demonstrable track record of creating impressive design languages (including iconography, typography, color schemes, shapes, spaces, texture, and dynamic effects / motion).
- Good communication skills
- Exceptional visual design skills
- Meticulous and Detail-oriented
- Creativity and innovation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management and organization
- Strong Leadership skills
- Hands On! We are only looking for people who want to get their hands dirty and work in a scrappy startup environment
- Genuinely excited about designing a great product;
- Has a strong passion and motivation that is infectious
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost effective use of resources
- Flexible, determined, and displays enthusiasm
- Displays integrity and high personal ethical standards.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- New MacBook Pro
- Flex-time (work from home twice a month)
- Housing assistance
- Free Breakfast
- Gifting and rewards culture
- Work with a bunch of fun, smart and creative people